The Data Service Paretz GmbH (DSP)) was founded on 09.12.1991. Its long-serving staff has emerged from the former data center for animal breeding of the GDR and has over 40 years of computer experience and tradition in the field of agriculture.
As a software system house for agriculture, the DSP, together with cooperation partners, is developing a complex computer-aided agricultural management system (AMS) and is comprehensively supporting farmers with
- production technology
(agriculture and crop farming, dairycow, sheep and goat farming, animal feeding)
(financial accounting, materials management, wage) up to
- business analysis
(plan versus current status comparisons, inter-company comparisons).
The programs can be used both individually and coordinated with each other. With this modularity and complexity, the required software solution can be tailor-made for both family farms and agricultural cooperatives according to their specific needs.
The established customer base includes:
- agricultural businesses with dairycows, sheep and goat farming, agriculture and crop farming
- agricultural organisations (breeding and control associations)
- agricultural consultants (feeding, controlling, business economics)
- hoof carers
- universities, companies that takes on trainees
Typical software and system offers:
- herd management software HERDEplus for dairy farmers
- herd management software SchafPC for sheep and goat farmers
- integrated veterinary livestock care (Integrierte Tierärztliche Bestandsbetreuung ITB) for veterinarians
- controlling software breeding management system (Zuchtmanagementsystem ZMS) for consultants
- ration calculation FUTTER-R for farmers and consultants
- software for hoof health KLAUE for hoof carers and farmers
- calf management software (KALBMANAGER-software) for controlling and monitoring of automatic calf feeders
- Portal Rind (glossary concerning the cow)
Together with its partners the DSP offers the following services:
- EDP-projects, -scheduling and -application preparation
- sales of hard- and software
- data transfer with central EDV-systems
- EDP-training und -consultation and
- wide-ranging services
In order to achieve the necessary unity of centralized and decentralized electronic data processing, the Vereinigte Informationssysteme Tierhaltung w.V. Verden and the DSP established 1997 a common subsidiary company, the VIT PC Software GmbH. This is especially concerned with the development of PC software for cattles for both the farmer and the consultants of the breeding and control associations.
In the information system cattle, the information network from the farmer via the associations to the central herdbook keeping and breeding value estimation as well as to the consulting organizations and veterinarians in the context of a division of labor data processing is consistently secured.
The distribution of the products and services is realized by the subsidiary dsp-Agrosoft GmbH (founded in 1993). The sales network is organized throughout Germany. With 45 competent distributors, the customers are looked after locally and can get hardware and software, training and consulting – all from one source. In addition to their own and independent specialist distributors, the distribution partners also include 3 state control assocoations (Saxony, Saxony Anhalt and Weser-Ems).
The customer base includes 4,700 customers in the agricultural sector. In the field of cattle production, more than 1 million cows are managed daily in Germany using the software. In the new federal states a market leading position with approximately 80% of the cow stock is taken.
The reason for the high market acceptance results in particular from the following components:
- high user-friendliness and innovation rate of the software
- minimization of data collection effort
- complex controlling with deposited expert knowledge – early warning system
- connections to milking and feeding techniques as well as techniques for detecting heat, body condition, calf development etc.
- connections to laboratories (feed, milk, blood, urine, feces, …)
- complex information network with integrated reporting system
- intensive and local customer care
- extensive training and service offer